4.2 C
New York City
Saturday, October 23, 2021
More

    Latest Posts

    Bobby Flay Reportedly Wanted A $100 Million Contract With Food Network

    Bobby Flay recently broke up with Food Network, where he’d been a staple with tons of shows on the network since he started there in 1996. But sadly the good times didn’t last, and it was reported last week the two split over money. Well now we know just how much money, and it was

    Bobby Flay recently broke up with Food Network, where he’d been a staple with tons of shows on the network since he started there in 1996. But sadly the good times didn’t last, and it was reported last week the two split over money. Well now we know just how much money, and it was a lot. Not buy-a-penthouse-in-London-a lot, but still. Sources say that Bobby was aiming to surpass 53-year-old Guy Fieri as the highest-paid chef on Food Network. Flavortown is paved in gold, honey! But he was asking for way too much and wanted a $100 million contract.

    Guy Fieri won the second season of The Next Food Network Star back in 2006, and I was Today-years old when I learned that information. I thought he just manifested after a deep-fried ballpark hot dog was left in the parking lot of a TGI Friday’s and got struck by lightning in a storm. That platinum porcupine has since also become a big name for the network, hosting Guy’s Grocery Games, and Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives, and other shows. He taught me how to make insanely unhealthy cheese sauce out of bacon grease–a saint! So to keep Guy around, People says that they signed him to a three-year contract for $80 million. But Bobby said, “Hold my beer,” and asked for $100 million. An insider spoke to People about it:

    According to the insider, Flay had been in negotiations with the Food Network and was seeking a deal that would be above Guy Fieri’s recent $80 million contract (which reportedly made the Diner, Drive-Ins and Dives host the highest-paid chef on cable TV). “Bobby wanted a contract in the ballpark of $100 million,” the source says.

    However, a source close to the Food Network tells People comparing the two stars’ contracts is “not apples to apples… Guy has a three-year deal. The terms of what Bobby was looking for were gravely different than just cash. The terms were longer, the scope of work was different and thus the dollars were different. It’s not just $80 million to $100 million.”

    Ultimately, the network wouldn’t budge in negotiations with Flay. “The two sides were just way too far apart. It became clear the two could not and would not be able to come to terms and so the network decided to move forward without him,” the Flay source says. “Regardless, it was really much more amicable than you’d think. It was strictly business.”

    People got no response for comment from Food Network or Bobby Flay’s people.

    Looks like Bobby is now sworn enemies with Guy Fieri and will never be allowed to again enter Flavortown. Poor guy, but at least his life expectancy just went up since avoiding Flavortown will immediately reduce cholesterol intake by 500%.

    Pic: DJDM/Nicky Nelson/WENN.com

    Read More Dlisted

    Latest Posts

    spot_imgspot_img

    Don't Miss

    Stay in touch

    To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.